Just a few days, the Government of India imposed a banned on 59 Chinese apps including popular apps like Camscanner, and Tiktok, the most popular app on the list. Tiktok alone had 120 million Indian users before getting banned in India.
There are millions of content creators and content consumers on the app, however, it had a lot of cringe content but was also a medium for the real talents to reach out to the masses more quickly than on any other platform.
Since the app has been banned on the basis of ID, not IP, it makes TikTok accessible via VPN. So, if you wish to access your TikTok account to delete your data, or download cringe videos to make another TikTok cringe compilation for your YouTube channel, follow this guide as we will share a working tiktok VPN along with the steps to use it.
What exactly is the reason behind the ban?
The tensions among the two nations, India and China have increased a lot in the last few weeks and those 59 banned apps including TikTok, UC browser, Camscanner, and more are a threat to India’s national security and defense.
However, the CEO of TikTok wrote to the Indian minister to talk upon this issue and fix it as soon as possible, the company claims that it has not shared the data of Indian users with the Chinese government.
The image below is a list of 59 apps that are no longer accessible in India:
So, in case you wish to access TikTok, follow the guide below.
How to Access Tiktok in India?
To access TikTok, you will require a reliable and working VPN service such as PureVPN. It claims that you can access the app in India using its VPN service and get access to your account. Therefore, we will be sharing the methods to use the PureVPN app and access TikTok in India.
- A Brand-New handset
- Subscription of PureVPN
In case you haven’t tried PureVPN before and have no information about it, read below.
What is PureVPN?
PureVPN is a Virtual Private Network service provider company, situated in Hong Kong and running its operations since 2007. It allows it, users, to share files anonymously, stream restricted content in its region, and to stay secure and anonymous on the internet while using it.
You can connect 10 devices simultaneously with PureVPN account and enjoy its services at an affordable price. Below are some features of PureVPN which makes it a worthy and must-have application on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Features of PureVPN:
- 256-BIT Encryption: PureVPN takes care of your privacy with the 256-Bit SSL military level encryption that will safeguard your data and privacy.
- Secure Connections: Do you often connect to open and Free Wi-Fi connections at lounge or cafes? If you do, make sure you have PureVPN installed on your device and turn it on to keep your connection anonymous and secure.
- Kill-Switch: Unstable internet connections often disconnect the VPN. But PureVPN’s internet kill switch will disconnect your device from the internet as soon as there’s something wrong with the app or internet connection.
- Dedicated IP: This is an add-on with the subscription where you can order a dedicated IP for your account and control your online reputation.
Plans and Pricing
The pricing of PureVPN is really attractive, you can start a 7 days free trial at just 0.99 dollars, this is a limited time offer and may not be valid in the future.
- 1-month Plan: $10.95 per month, 31 days money-back guarantee.
- 1-year plan: $77.88 per year, 31 days money-back guarantee.
- 6-month plan: $8.33 per month, 31 days money-back guarantee.
Steps to access Tiktok Using PureVPN
Please note: Perform these steps on a device on which you have never installed TikTok before.
- Head over to the google play store or apple app store and search for “PureVPN”, install it on your device.
- Upon installing, register an account, and purchase a plan. I would suggest you opt for the 7 days trial for 0.99 dollars.
- Once done, connect to a location where TikTok is not banned, say, USA.
- Now log in to your TikTok account using your credentials.
- You can now access TikTok using PureVPN, that’s all you have to do.
With this being said, let us wrap up this article. In this piece of content, we discussed the reason why TikTok has been banned in India. Along with this, we shared the method to access the application using PureVPN, discussing its price and features also.