The COVID-19 pandemic has forced everyone to the inside of their house and carry on the work while staying at home. Some sectors might have completely stopped their operations but that’s kind of a mistake as this is possibly the best time to build your brand, engage with your customers, and build trust amongst them to survive the competition after the pandemic comes to an end.
According to various statistics, people have started utilizing the power of the internet and social media to connect with each other, especially companies even the big ones like Facebook, Twitter, Google, and so on, have decided to let their employees work from home.
During this period, people are connecting with each other on meeting apps like zoom, Google meet, and more, where business meetings are being conducted, live events are being held and various other activities which were previously done online are now being taken to the online platform.
With the help of some digital strategies, you can skyrocket your business even during this pandemic, you can take help of a trusted internet marketing company, discuss your brand and start building an online reputation, as this will surely help you out as soon as the pandemic comes to an end.
So, in this article, we will be discussing on how to elevate your digital strategy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Rise in Internet Users
First of all, let us have a look at the rise in the number of internet users during the pandemic.
- Facebook: The popular social media Facebook has seen a growth of 18 percent new users on its platform.
- Tiktok: Another popular short video creating a platform that has seen significant growth of approximately 20 percent more new users during the pandemic. However, it has been banned in India and lost a large chunk of the userbase.
- Instagram: A favorite platform for brands to promote their product, Instagram has seen a growth of 20 percent new users.
This shows us that social media platforms have a lot of potentials and are also brand-friendly providing them with tools to promote their businesses on their platform. During this time period, one can take their business online and find new customers or connect with old customers on social media. Other than this, various other digital strategies can be applied to the business, let us discuss them now.
Ways to Elevate Your Digital Strategy during the COVID-19 crisis
If your business is still not on social media, you need to come out of the cave and really dig into the social media platforms. Almost half of the earthlings use social media platforms, be it Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or WhatsApp. One can surely make the best out of these digital platforms and connect with the existing customers as well as reach out to the new customers too.
How one can use social media platforms to connect to the audience:
- Facebook: This platform is the best to build the brand and reach out to billions of users around the world. You can create posts about the operations of your company, share the stories of your hard-working employees, share images, events, share live videos and do a lot more. If you have an E-com store, you can connect it to Facebook and take orders from there as well.
- Twitter: Twitter is one of the closest competitors of Facebook and is best for providing support to customers by taking their complaints and also announcing upcoming events or product launches, it all depends upon the userbase.
- LinkedIn: is a social media platform used by professionals, companies, entrepreneurs who are looking for an employee. Basically, it helps the company to connect with highly trained and skilled people who are looking for a job opportunity.
- Instagram: Owned by Facebook, Instagram is a favorite platform of brands to promote their products through influencers. One can find influencers of almost every niche, be it gym, food, clothing, makeup, etc.
There is various other social media tool where you can connect to the audience, however, the one we have mentioned are widely popular among internet users.
You can also use these platforms to spread awareness about the pandemic, showing them how you are managing the company during the pandemic and ask them to follow the regulations of the government and healthcare authorities.
2. Blogging and writing down demos
Blogging is one of the best digital marketing tactics to reach out to the customers organically through the power of search engine optimization. You can hire writers and ask them to write down content related to your product. All you need to do is basic keyword research and analyze the competition to rank it in the SERPS.
For instance, if you have a clothing brand, you can write down guides on how to choose a product from your store, how to wash the cloth, and what measures you are taking while delivering the product, and so on.
- Local citations
Another way to elevate your digital strategy is local citations which helps the local searchers to get all the information about your business in case you have an offline store too. The local SEO revolves around the number of citations a business has on the internet. You can make use of the local SEO strategies and get more offline traffic at your store.
- Google my business
Google is one of the most used search engines on this planet with more than 75 percent of searches conducted on its platform. It has various tools for businesses to promote themselves, one such tool is Google my business which allows you to list your business on the platform and rank you for local searches.
For e.g., if you own a confectionary in your city and list your store on Google my business, people who will search for “confectionaries near me” will see your shop on the list too. This is again an important local SEO factor and helps in increasing offline foot traffic directly to your store.
During the pandemic, you can work more on local SEO and if you are open to home delivery, this is possibly the best way to attract more customers as everyone is craving something delicious while sitting at home.
Moreover, people prefer to purchase from a shop that has positive reviews on Google, so you can ask your existing customers to leave good ratings on your business and ask the new customers to leave an unbiased rating that can help you to outrank your competitors.
Another working strategy that can help you to reach out to a large group of people is outreaching. It is basically finding out sites similar to your niche and posting a review on their blog, which can either be requested for free or paid, depends upon the owner of the blog.
This will not only increase the authority and brand awareness but will help you to rank organically on search engines as getting a do-follow link from the other site will pass the link juice and help your e-commerce site or blog to push rankings.
So, with this being said, we conclude our article here. In this article, we have discussed how to elevate your digital strategies during the pandemic, however, your internet marketing company must be working on these strategies already, but if not, then you should ask them to do so or refer to another digital marketing company.