If you are new to video creation then a good video editor is a must-have tool to make your videos look impressive and polished. While searching for one such tool, you are sure to get overwhelmed by the number of these programs available. As a beginner, editing videos on Mac would require you to have the right software that can take care of all your requirements in a hassle-free way.
This article will let you go through a few such Mac video editor that might work as the best beginner video editing tools.
Part 1. Factors to Look into While Selecting an Editing Tool
The choice of video editing tools available is huge and to make the selection process a little easier, the following important factors might help you to shortlist them.
- User-friendly interface and simplicity to use: The very first thing to look out for in software as a beginner is a simplicity to use and an interface that you can easily navigate and understand. Complicated software will rather make you confused than help you with the task.
- Needed features: As a beginner, look out for decent tools that come with all the basic and a few widely needed advanced features. High-end professional software might have much more advanced options, but you might not even need most of them and this will confuse you and make the entire process more complicated.
- Pocket friendly: For the start, go to software that is pocket friendly, and later when you get comfortable with the editing and features you can always upgrade to a higher or pricier version. A number of free tools are available as well that are quite decent and come with all the needed features.
Besides the above, check out the software that is compatible with your system, supports your video file formats, has an easy learning curve, and has good customer support service.
Part 2. Top Beginner-friendly Mac Video Editors
Below we have shortlisted some of the Mac video editing software that will work best for newcomers in the editing field.
The list of beginner-friendly Mac-based editing tools cannot be complete without the mention of a wonderful software called Wondershare Filmora. With a wide range of high-end features supported by the tool, it is a preferred choice among professionals, and at the same time, the simple user-friendly interface along with features like instant mode make it apt even for beginners.
- Comes with Instant Mode having over 100 templates for beginners to create a video in no time.
- Support a wide variety of effects, animations, motion tracking, and other transitions.
- Multiple audio-based features are supported.
- Color correction and color match options are supported.
- Seamlessly works on all the latest Windows and Mac systems.
- Apple iMovie
When it’s about editing on Apple products, iMovie is the default option to consider not only because it comes preinstalled on its system, but also owing to its features and simple use. All the basic video and audio editing features are available with the tool along with many premium options as well.
- Comes pre-installed on Mac systems.
- Allows performing all basic editing tasks like trimming, cropping, merging, and more.
- Allows to add effects, transitions, and other effects.
- Comes with storyboard templates that make video creation and editing quick and easy.
- Support 4K video editing.
When it comes to simple a quick Mac video editing software, Shotcut is a good tool to consider. Free to use, the software is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux systems as well. A wide range of input and output formats are supported by the tool so that you can work with all types of files without any worries.
- Free software compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Support to multiple file-formats including 4K files.
- Comes with a variety of filters to enhance videos.
- Support all basic needed features like trimming, copying, cutting, pasting, and more.
- Features like 360-degree editing, deinterlacing, speed effects, compositing, and more are supported.
- Lightweight tool.
- Adobe Premiere Elements
Adobe needs no introduction when it comes to video editing and its Premiere Elements software is apt for beginners. The interface of the tool is designed in a manner that makes it easy for beginners to smoothly navigate and use the functions. You need to pay once for the software and use the tool without any worries.
- User-friendly interface with easy navigation.
- Comes with a decent collection of effects, transitions, and effects.
- Option for video stabilization.
- Support to AI-based features.
- Allows exporting videos to social media-compatible formats.
For users who are not very keen on downloading a system software, Kapwing works as a good online alternative that works straight from your Mac and Windows browsers. This free-to-use tool will look after all your basic video editing requirements and comes with a variety of templates to choose from.
- Free to use the online tool available for Mac and Windows.
- Offers a wide selection of templates to create desired videos.
- Support all basic features like trimming, splicing, overlays, and more.
- Comes with an automatic subtitle generator.
- Screen recording feature supported.
Part 3. Wondershare Filmora – What makes it apt for beginners?
Wondershare Filmora is a versatile software that comes packed in with powerful features. Some of them that make the software a popular choice among beginners are listed below.
- User-friendly drag and drop interface: Working with the Filmora video editing software for Mac is easy and quick with its quick and simple drag and drop option. The files can be easily added as well as processed.
- Instant Mode: For users who are new to editing and its terms, the Instant Mode of the software is quite helpful as it offers more than 100 templates that can be used for creating all types of videos like vlogs, travel, intro, and others.
- Motion Tracking: The interesting motion tracking feature is supported by the software where the object or a graphic can be pinned to be followed by a motion intelligently. There is also an option to attach a text that can be tracked and followed automatically.
- Speech to text: Using this excellent feature of the software, the voice in the video is automatically converted to a text file that can be used as subtitles. If needed, you can even edit and customize these text files.
- Audio Sync: To make the audio appear seamless in your videos, the audio sync feature is of great use and especially for beginners. Using the feature, the audio file that is separately recorded is synced with the video automatically.
- Video Effects: With Wondershare Filmora, you can add interesting filters, titles, transitions, motion elements, and several other effects to make your clips look professional. More than 900 free video effects are available to be used. The latest version of the software also comes with the new specially designed effects plugins called NewBlue FX and Boris FX.
- Color Correction: For beginners with little or no color grading experience, this feature works amazingly as it helps with color correction using over 40 colors presets and color schemes.
Our above list of tools will surely be of great help to users who are new to video editing on their Mac systems. Check out the features of these programs and compare them with your requirements. If you are planning to go with video editing for a long, Wondershare Filmora will be an excellent companion not only in the beginning but also for the later stages.