The multimedia messaging app, monitor snapchat on iPhone, lets you share pictures and videos, talk to your friends, and view Live Stories.
However, the “snaps” you share, disappear after they’re viewed once. However, you can also add snaps to your personal stories where they’ll stay for 24 hours before they vanish.
When Snapchat first launched in 2011, it gave teens and tweens only what they had been seeking in a social media application: a cool new way of sharing their everyday lives with their friends.
What sets this apart from its competitors is the fleeting nature of the shared snaps, which makes them impossible to be saved or retrieved without using a Snapchat stalker app.
Over the years, though, Snapchat has grown from just a social media platform to something much more. It now offers games, news, entertainment, and innovative photo and video features all in one place. The combination of these awesome features and the perky nature of Snapchat has made it a go-to application.
If you’re a Snapchat newbie wondering where to start, look no further. This Snapchat guide will take you through the basics of using this trendy application.
Setting Up An Account:
Once you’ve installed the application, you’ll need to set up an account. Tap the “Sign Up” icon and fill out the form with your credentials, birthday, username, and password. Once you submit the form, you get a confirmation text. As soon as you confirm your identity, your account gets Live, and you’re ready to proceed!
There are two ways to find and add friends on your ID:
1. Sync your contacts; go to the contact section, click on the “Add” button next to the contact’s name.
2. Click on the magnifying icon on the main Snapchat screen, enter the username you want to find, press “Add,” and you’ve got a new friend.
To find out the friends who have added you, open the Add Friends section on your home screen and click “Accept” on your invitations.
Sending Your First Snap:
When you launch the Snapchat application, you land on the camera section. You should know several features here:
1. Auto-adjust: Correct the focus of your camera by tapping the screen once.
2. Switch camera: Click the camera icon in the upper right corner to go from the rear-facing camera to the front cam and vice versa.
3. Turn on flash: The lighting symbol next to the camera icon will turn on the flash.
4. Activate lenses: Double-tapping the screen will initiate the lens/filter feature. Swipe left to choose filters and the right to play games. You can also access this feature by clicking the small smiley face next to the circle at the bottom of the screen.
5. Snapping pictures: Pressing the circle at the bottom of the screen will take photos.
6. Recording videos: Holding the circle will record videos of up to 10 seconds or more.
Step Up Your Snap!
Snapchat’s winning grace is how fun it makes interactions with friends. Once you’ve taken your snaps and saved your videos, you can play around with hues, emojis, text styles, gifs, filters, and more to make your pictures and videos enjoyable before you send them.
1. Add Text: Click the T-icon on the top right corner of your snap to add text to it. Change the text style by pressing the icon and alter it again by pinching the screen bigger or smaller. Control the text color with the slider.
2. Draw Doodles: Below the ‘T button’ is a pencil button, which lets you draw over your snap. Use the slider to pick your colors and the eraser to fix mistakes.
3. Filter Your Snaps: Swipe on your photos or videos to add filters to them. Make them brighter or duller, or even black and white. Moreover, you can add up to 3 filters on any photo. For videos, Snapchat offers the option of speeding and slowing them down.
4. Inserts GIFs or Stickers: A paper icon on the left side of your screen will open up the emoji, sticker, and GIF trays. The search bar in the tray lets you type in exactly what you are looking for.
5. Choose Timing: Control how long your snap remains open on your friend’s screen. You can pick any time between 1 second and 10 seconds or infinity. Your images will still disappear the moment your friends close them.
Saving Your Snaps:
You can save the snaps to the Snapchat cloud where you can access them from any device. To keep the photo or video you’ve just made, click the downwards error at the bottom of your snap. You have the option of saving these to either just your cloud (aka “Memories”) or both your cloud and phone camera roll.
In case you’re not happy with your picture, discard it by pressing the “X” in the right top corner of your screen.
Snapchat has a wide variety of features; we only listed some of the best. If you’d like to more about the application, the best way to do it is by downloading and experiencing it for yourself.
About Anees Saddique
I am fully ambitious and highly dedicated to digital marketing, in particular content creation, link building, and content marketing. With an ample of experience (around 6 years) helps businesses’ online presence to be more visible in search results as well as among the related audience. Join me on Twitter @built4kill2004