Have you ever wondered How to take Screenshot on PC..??
If you are having the same question… Keep reading
According to Wikipedia, “Screenshot is an image of what is visible on a visual output device such as a computer monitor or television.
Usually, this is a digital image created by the operating system or software running on the device, but it can also be a photograph or a recording made by a device intercepting the video output of the display”.
In today’s time, everyone uses a Smartphone and a laptop, tablet, and PC. However, everyone knows how to use a Smartphone and take a screenshot and other functions.
However, many will not be able to use their laptops and PC in a more easy way as they use their smartphones.
Undoubtedly, many times, it becomes difficult to access the PC and laptop and understand the functions and errors while working.
Many times while working on PC, you get an error message, you want to send it to someone, and as ask him or her for some help.
However, you are unable to send as without checking the error message, no one can help.
In this case, you can take a screenshot, reduce the file size by cropping and insert it into your email and can forward it to the desired person.
But the main issue is how to take a screenshot of active window instead of the whole screen?
The following methods will help you and will guide you in taking screenshots in different versions of windows making it feasible for you to work.
Let us have a look at how to take screenshots.
How to take a screenshot on PC having Windows – 7:
- Locate the Prt Scrn ( Print Screen) button on your keyboard available at the top right-hand side This stands for Print Screen, and is usually located on the right-hand side of your keyboard irrespective of PC or laptop.
- Hold down the function key found in the bottom left of the keyboard.
- Now combine press the Function key and Print screen for few seconds. This will copy all your data to your computer’s memory.
- Once the data is copied, you can edit the image and paste it to the desired location.
- Now edit the image using Paint. It can be easily found on your desktop.
- Open the Paint Brush and paste the image you captured.
- The captured image will appear in the main viewing area. However, if it does not appear in the viewing area, try step one and capturing the image again.
- Isolate the part of the screen by clicking on the Select button present on the paint toolbar with the message you need to forward it to the desired person.
- Hold down your left mouse button and drag to the bottom right. The desired message will be saved and rest will be removed.
- After cropping the image, click on the save button and save the changes you made to the desired image.
Also, you can click on Save As to save it to other formats including JPEG, PNG, GIF, and others. You will have an array of options.
However, for sending a screenshot in the email, GIF is the better option.
How to take Screenshot on PC having Windows 8:
- Click on the Start Screen and launch any desired application.
- Hold down the Windows key( available at the left corner of the keyboard) and press the PrtScn (Print Screen- available at the right corner of the keyboard) button on your keyboard.
- Now press the Windows icon + letter E keyboard combination. This will open Explorer and navigate to your Pictures library in the left-hand side panel.
After opening the library, you will a newly created Screenshots folder automatically. Double-click on it to open.
- The folder will contain all the screenshots in chronological order.
- Edit the screenshot with the help of paint to keep the desired part of the screenshot you need.
- After editing , click on the save option to save edited screenshot.
How to take screenshot on PC having Windows 10:
- Press and hold the keyboard shortcut combination- Windows + Shift + S
- After pressing the combination for a few seconds, the screen will dim and the cursor will be shown only. Using the cursor, draw the area of the screen you want to capture in a screenshot.
- After selecting the desired area, release the mouse.
- The screenshot captured will automatically appear in the clipboard.
- Using Paint or other editing applications available in your PC edit the screenshot.
- After editing the screenshot, click on save option to save the desired part of the screenshot.
Conclusion– The above methods show that there are many ways to take a screenshot of windows. The built-in tools and features are very much capable of taking screenshots.
However, it depends upon your need that whether you want to take a screenshot of the active window, complete screen etc.
Depending upon your need, you can check the methods and can take the screenshot easily. Unless you have complex needs, you can use the built-in tools and features, without having to install third-party programs.
However, after installing the third party programs also, you will get the same results, but it only takes a bit of extra effort. Therefore, make your PC more user-friendly by learning to take screenshots and enjoy working.
If you still have any doubts regarding taking screenshots on PC.. Kindly comment below and it will be added in the tutorial.
Other Guides for PC Owners :